Washington CTC Math Listserv:
Faculty and administrators from Washington State Community and Technical Colleges who are interested in discussing math curriculum and policy issues are invited to join the CTC Math Listserv: https://lists.ctc.edu/mailman/listinfo/math_lists.ctc.edu
- Pre-Calculus Working Group- First Wednesday of the Month 3-4pm, https://zoom.us/j/99967322951 Meeting time will be used to build on the statewide 2017 work to start creating some common expectations for Math& 141 and 142. If you would like to be added to the list of faculty to receive updates, please e-mail email@example.com directly. Newest “working document” is open for comments: Course Description (Future Meetings: October 7, 3-4; November 4, 3-4pm; December 2, 3-4pm)
- Rethinking Mathematics Placement: A Four -Part Series;
- Multiple Measures – Occurred on August 25, 2020
- Using High School Transcripts – Occurred on September 1
- Directed Self Placement – Occurred on September 8
- Using Data – Occurred on September 15, 4-5pm
- “My Covid-19 Math Syllabus” (A Discussion Facilitated by Laura Schueller with Special Guest David Lippman 4/2/2020) – Materials and Zoom Recording
- “Beyond Your LMS – Useful Technology for your Remote Mathematics Class” (A Discussion Facilitated by Laura Schueller with Special Guest David Lippman 4/3/2020) – Materials and Zoom Recording
- “Engaging Students in Your Remote Classroom” (facilitated by Laura Schueller 4/17/2020) – Materials (instead of a separate curated chat document, the comments and feedback from the participants have been integrated into the slide deck) and Zoom Recording
- “Rethinking Assessment – A Guided Discussion About What is Working” (facilitated by Laura Schueller 4/24/2020) – Materials (instead of a separate curated chat document, the comments and feedback from the participants have been integrated into the slide deck) and Zoom Recording
- “Your Remote Technical Math Class – A Guided Discussion especially for faculty teaching mathematics courses for Career and Technical Education Students” (facilitated by Laura Schueller 4/27/2020) – Materials and Zoom Recording
- Looking Forward – Math Placement (facilitated by Laura Schueller 5/1/2020) Materials and Zoom Recording
- Student Engagement: Getting and Keeping Students Motivated and Connected: Power Point Slides and Zoom Recording for May 20
- Technology: Hardware and Software that can Facilitate Teaching and Learning: Power Point Slides and Zoom Recording for May 21
- Grading: What, How, and Why: Power Point Slides
- Promoting Equity: Implementable Strategies: Power Point Slides
- Math& 141: Big Issues with Moving to Remote Instruction, May 27, 2020. We had a lively discussion with 34 faculty from 13 colleges. Notes from the meeting.
- Workload Management and Avoiding Burnout Power Point Slides
- Pre-Calculus group met on June 17th to start the work of setting expectations for Pre-Calculus sequence. If you would like to be added to the list of faculty to receive updates, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org directly. Power point slides and a Zoom recording of the June 17 meeting.
- Assessing Mathematical Learning in the Era of Covid 19 After talking to folks in office hours, listening to faculty at web meetings, and reading responses from across the state and the nation, it is obvious that one of the primary concerns for faculty is their ability to accurately assess the mathematical learning of students. Laura Schueller has tried to capture some of her learning in this document.
- Our Friends at the UT Austin Charles Dana Center are managing a collection of helpful resources from across the US; these resources are added-to and updated daily.
- A collection of general materials from the Washington SBCTC organized and vetted by SBCTC staff.
- The Mathematical Association of America (MAA) has just released a set of broad recommendations for responding to the covid-19 crisis.